Save Liquid error (product-badge line 32): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
Thanks for signing up for restock notifications!
There was an error signing up for restock notifications. Please try again.
Suribachi Set, a traditional Japanese ceramic mortar with wooden pestle, quickly grinds ingredients into a fine paste or powder for preparing authentic Asian dressings, sauces, and pastes. Introduced from Southern China in the 11th century, this beautiful kitchen essential, the Japanese mortar (suribachi) and wooden pestle (surikogi) became an important tool in the Japanese kitchen. Its literal translation, grinding bowl, describes its results perfectly. The unglazed interior with sharp ridges speeds up the grinding process and prevents ingredients from slipping and sliding for more efficient results with minimal effort. Perfect for crushing sesame seeds and all types of nuts, garlic, herbs, and seasonings. Made from natural ceramic earthenware with a rich brown glazed exterior, Suribachi mortar set is sturdy and durable. The traditional wooden pestle is specially designed to prevent unnecessary wear to the mortar's interior ridges. Easy to use. Simply set the suribachi on a damp towel or rubber mat to steady it on the work surface. Place ingredients inside and use the wooden pestle to rotate contents against the sharp, raised ridges inside the suribachi. Use a soft-bristle brush to dislodge ground ingredients. Hand wash in hot water, no soap.
- Suribachi Set, a traditional Japanese ceramic mortar with wooden pestle, efficiently grinds items into a fine paste or powder
- Made from ceramic earthenware with glazed exterior; mortar 5.5 x 2.25-inches; wooden pestle 4.75-inches; sturdy and durable
- Unglazed interior has sharp ridges to prevent contents from sliding; grinds quickly with less effort; use a soft-bristle brush to dislodge food
- Perfect for crushing sesame seeds, garlic, herbs, seasonings, and all types of nuts to prepare authentic Asian dressings, sauces, and pastes
- Simply place ingredients inside the mortar, use pestle to rotate contents against the sharp, raised ridges of the bowl; rinse in hot water, no soap
|Material||Ceramic Bowl and Pestle/Wood Brush|
|Item Measurement||MORTAR: 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" x 2 1/4" .7 LB PESTLE: 4 3/4" x 1 1/8" .1 LB|
|Packaged Measurement||5.75" L x 5.75" W x 2.5" H 12 oz ( boxed )|